MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
Place of Recruitment: Maiduguri — Work location: Maiduguri — Type of Contract: 6 month fixed term, renewable
Scope of responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Participating and collaborating with the Logistics coordinator or Head Of Mission and the Cell Logistic Advisor (TeLoCo) in the definition and implementation of all technical and logistics strategies and sup-port to the field. This implies ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programs, the adequacy of the means provided and the compliance to MSF standards and protocols in order to enable the devel-opment of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimize the impact of the medical projects
- With the close support of the Cell Logistic Advisor (TeLoCo), participating in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, advising the HoM in the translation of the identified logistical / technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention.
- Monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical/supply activities in the mission ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the HoM on the development of the ongoing programmes and proposing reorientation strategies when needed.
- In close collaboration with the HR department, participating in the recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing and performance evaluation of the logistics staff in the mission in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Implementing all these related activities to the logistics staff under his/her direct responsibility.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the mission and provides coaching to logistics staff.
- Ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required.
- Monitoring and implementing the technical aspects of the risk reduction rules: transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security plan, evacuation plan and other contingency plans.
- Ensuring communication means in the Mission (including numbers frequencies), allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ. Ensures all staff in the Mission benefits from proper training on how to use communications equipment available in the Mission (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.)
- Providing reports on projects/mission evolution from the technical/logistics perspective and proposing corrections if needed
- Gap filing for LTL’s, project’s Log managers upon needs and upon request by his or her suppervisor.
- Implementing all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.).
- Participating in the planning and implementation, together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the logistics staff in the project / capital in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the project and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility. Ensuring all staff in the Project is properly briefed about use of communication tools (handsets, HF/VHF, etc.).
- Defining and monitoring technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the project security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the Project Coordinator any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Project Logistics Manager will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Technical degree and specialization in Logistics is an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in supply chain
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development, Commitment to MSF Principles, Behaviour Flexibility, Result and Quality Orientation, Team work and Cooperation
Method of Application
Applications must be in Englishandinclude:
Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
Updated contact details and ID
Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Sans Frontieres on bit.do to apply