Since the insurgency began in 2009, many lives were lost and properties worth billions of Naira destroyed. There has been a lot of migration of people from one location to another location which is considered relatively peaceful, as a result many are displaced and homeless and many international organizations are bringing relief services in the areas of Education, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Protection, Health and other sectors as listed out in the Humanitarian Response Plan. Some of the local Government Areas (LGA) are relatively peaceful and there is a high population density with men and women who are suffering from poverty, and children who are vulnerable to illiteracy.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/B.Sc./HND/OND
- Experience Minimum of2 years
- Location Mubi North and Hong LGAs
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
- Duration 12 months
POSITION: LOGISTICS/PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide the adequate backup and support to the program team in order to guarantee that all procurement plans are implemented and updated for each grant.
- In accordance with the program team, guarantee that procurement procedures are respected according to the donors’ and LABDI’s guidelines, without being an impediment to the timely implementation of the activities
- Guarantee the validity of all the procurement files according to LABDI’s Procurement policy by regular visits of control (direct check of the folders)
- Work in close collaboration with the person requesting the purchase, with strong technical specificity, and carry out any appropriate conformity tests if required
- Support in ensuring that contracts are adequately signed by the empowered coordinators and guaranteed a strong protection for LABDI in case of disagreement
- Centralize and optimize the grouping of purchases
- When delegated by the Executive Director and or the Program Manager, consolidate/update the mission’s price catalogue for the mission’s operation areas
- Participate in ensuring that purchase files are correctly archived and presented when required.
- Participate in the procurement validation process in order to guarantee the respect and the good application of LABDI procedures.
- Ensure the first reading (and validation) of all procurement which comes from procurement assistant.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Program Manager
- Indirect/Technical Reporting: Executive
- Position directly Supervises: Logistics Assistant
- Ability to communicate in English and Hausa
Computer / Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is an advantage.