Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Analytics and Use Team Lead
Requisition ID: req12737
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: The Data Analytics and Use Team Lead will report to the Deputy Country Director.
- We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”.
- We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse.
- All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking to employ a senior technical advisor to serve as the Data Analytics and Use Team Lead in delivery of workplan activities related to USAID performance management of implementing partners, data visualization, analytics and data use.
- (S)he will lead in the implementation of a robust data use strategy to respond to USAID Nigeria’s HIV/AIDS and TB office’s data needs and create regular forums for sharing achievements and challenges with stakeholders, by promoting peer-exchange and problem solving
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the data analytics and data use team to develop responsive analytics and conduct in depth data analysis of key priority indicators from various data sources to support HIV care and treatment program, OVC program, gender program, Covid-19 implementation and dynamic scope as per the project growth.
- Support the production of information products including data visualizations via dashboards that enable the clients, partners and host country governments to monitor target indicators for improved decision making.
- Lead efforts in optimizing and strengthening use of the Automated Partners Progress Reporting System (APPR).
- Support the design and implementation of situation room methodology at state and national levels for weekly data review meetings while supervising implementation.
- Supervise knowledge management efforts aimed at tracking impact of data use strategies. Lead efforts collaborating with implementing partners and key stakeholders to generate data use cases for cross-learning and sharing best practices for posterity.
- Implement a responsive M&E plan that responds to country-level indicators and global Data.FI indicators.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Business Administration or a related field
- At least 5 years’ experience working with Health Management Information Systems supporting data management, data analysis and data dissemination for decision making
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS programs, including DHIS 2 preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure, skilled in crisis management, and problem-solving
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with changing requirements and priorities
- Ability to achieve consensus among senior stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise
- Sound problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the PEPFAR data streams, the analytic questions facing PEPFAR programs and PEPFAR reporting requirements; experience with PEPFAR surge and high-frequency reporting (HFR) preferred
- Experience in leading and conducting rigorous and evidence-based data quality assessments (DQAs)
- Demonstrated extensive experience working on M&E methodologies, data collection and analysis, and dissemination of findings
- Demonstrated experience writing evaluation reports and data quality assessment reports for USAID or other donors
- Experience in the development of data use cases, information products for epidemic control, and peer-review journal publications
- Proven skills in data analysis with proficiency in statistical packages – Stata, SPSS, NVivo, advanced MS Excel, BI applications or other relevant statistical packages
- Experience with DHIS2, the Nigeria National Data Repository (NDR), the Site Improvement Management System (SIMS), the automated partner performance reporting (APPR) platform preferred
- Technical expertise working with patient-level and aggregate data management systems; experience with LAMISPlus in Nigeria and National OVC Management Information System (NOMIS) preferred
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online