Murtala Muhammed Foundation – We are a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the living conditions of Africans by contributing to the reduction of poverty and the elimination of conflict while promoting self-reliance and self-fulfillment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Strategist
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities and Functions
- Research and write press releases, and content for the company website, infographics, blogs, newsletters and Social Media platforms.
- Liaison with program team to coordinate activities, on-line content, and materials across the business unit.
- Manage the organizations digital presence. Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events where needed.
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Develop and maintain close working relations with media outlets and identify opportunities for the organization’s senior management for media placement;
- Organize, provide support and arrange broadcast and print media interviews for Senior Management
- Propose, edit, draft and pitch op-eds, letters to the editor, and other written, digital, and broadcast commentary.
- Work across the organization with the management team, programs team and admin team to identify media moments, develop and implement relevant materials and media outreach.
- Generate innovative ways to gain quality media coverage across all channels.
- Develop multi-media content for the organization showcasing the organization’s success stories and its people.
Key Result Areas:
- Build and calendarize communication strategy and plan for the quarter, covering all thematic areas
- Improve organization’s digital presence, program awareness and engagement by 40% in the next quarter
- Drive notable traffic to the MedAssist website and build engagement around the program to increase calls to the call centre
- Create engagement platforms and programs for engaging content, monthly newsletters and highly educative LinkedIn presence.
- Build network / relationships with media houses and platforms for brand building and awareness activities
- Coordinate copy editing of project deliverables, develop press releases where needed.
- Proper planning, quality deliverables and timely completion of assigned/expected tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related fiends.
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience.
- A proven track record executing communication plan in a fast-paced, multifaceted work environment.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop)
- Knowledge and understanding of communications practices, design tools and techniques in social media management.
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.