eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
- Location Abuja , Kano
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Summary of Job: The Assistant Laboratory manager will be expected to deliver first-class laboratory managerial services to support accurate medical diagnoses and the wellbeing of our patients. In this role, you will supervise and manage other laboratory staff including scientists and technicians. You will assist the laboratory manager on the path towards international accreditation and expand our service areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Assistant Laboratory Manager Duties
- Interact with patients and family members in a professional, compassionate and respectful manner to facilitate healthcare delivery as a team member.
- Maintain quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced troubleshooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Review logs and registers to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Draft, review, and enforce new SOPs.
- Setup and maintain the Lab Information Management System for specimen tracking, entering results, and reporting.
- Perform business analysis of laboratory operations and expansion of services.
- Prepare laboratory staff duty schedule.
- Manage the External Quality Assurance programs subscribed to by EHA Clinics.
- Assist in developing and implementing a QMS and its associated SOPs and policies to satisfy accreditation requirements for ISO 15189.
- Investigate non-conformities and patient complaints and take remedial action.
- Support HR with recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding of laboratory staff.
- Solicit new customers and clients to grow business.
- Assist in marketing and sales activities.
- Assist in the introduction of new initiatives and technologies.
- Prepare laboratory performance and quality reports for executives to review.
- Ensure all staff maintains their professional accreditations and licenses.
- Liaise with the software team to maintain laboratory interface, LIMS/other software.
- Assist in Solicitation of vendor information, quotations, and proformas.
- Maintain inventory.
- Manage procurement of tests and consumables.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patients’ confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Maintain professional license by complying with regulatory requirements including continuing professional development activities.
- Participate in assigned research projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Customer Service Requirements
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated, and patient.
- Must be able to review, analyze, and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations, and taking appropriate decisions.
EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date. S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD). The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Work Experience :
Minimum 3 years of managerial experience in a regulated clinical laboratory is required.
Qualifications & Training:
- A minimum Bachelor of Science degree in laboratory science from an accredited university.
- Additional training and experience in laboratory quality management systems.
- Candidate must possess a Certification from the Associate of the Institute of Medical Laboratory
- Science Council of Nigeria (AMLSCN)
- Candidates must possess a current practicing license.
- Relevant Certification will be an added advantage.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic, and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail
Competitive salary scale based on improvements from the CONMESS and CONHESS salary structures as well as surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria. The salary is negotiable but performance-based. Base salary constitutes 70%, while 30% is a bonus based on predefined individual performance indicators and monthly organizational performance.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employees. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon the successful completion of your probationary period.
Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
Pension: EHA Clinics supports empl0yee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
Method of Application
To be considered for this position, send in a letter of interest addressing how your competencies meet the requirements for this role and an updated copy of your CV in PDF.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your time and look forward to getting in touch with you. Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa on www.eha.ng to apply