Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-profit and a non-governmental organization founded in 2012 by a group of young researchers, it was incorporated by Corporate Affair Commission (CAC/IT/91613) in 2016. AHSF aims to advance community health care through, research, advocacy, health promotion and education, community development, capacity building, program evaluation; Impact evaluations needs assessment, baselines/midlines/end lines surveys, systems strengthening and service delivery especially for the vulnerable and marginalized population in Nigeria and beyond.
Number of openings: 2
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 8 Months
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Midwives deliver patients’ babies in birthing centers, patients’ homes, or hospital settings. They provide emotional support and guidance before, during, and after labor. They also identify high-risk pregnancies and educate patients and their families on antenatal care and reproductive health.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform antenatal consultations including screening tests according to the protocols, detect and mention all the risk factors.
- Conduct delivery according to the protocols, precautions, hygiene standards.
- Perform postnatal consultations during the 6 weeks following the delivery, give appropriate treatment and refers to secondary care when needed.
- Perform family planning consultations and counseling according to protocol.
- Give systematic prophylactic treatments to pregnant women.
- Verify the tetanus vaccination of each pregnant woman.
- Manage SRH emergency cases with the assistance of the SRH supervisor according to AHSF protocols and regulation.
- Identify Sexually Gender-Based Violence victims and collaborate with the medical team for treatment.
- Explain clearly the diagnosis and treatment to the patient and make sure that the patients comply with the treatment.
- Request for a 2nd evaluation of the patient when needed.
- Provide individual health promotion during consultations.
- Give health education sessions to the patients in the waiting areas.
- Provide malnutrition prevention including MUAC and weight measurements of children.
- Providing information, emotional support, and reassurance to women and their partners.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) and amongst beneficiaries served by Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF).
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF). As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Language Skills: Good Command in English (Speaking, Reading & Writing), and Fluent in Local Languages (Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages)
- Education Degree: Recognized Midwife Degree (at least certificate level) with national legislation
- Work Experience: 2-3 years of experience in Midwifery. Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical knowledge about use of medical equipment
- Good knowledge about Ante Natal Consultation and Post Natal Consultation
- Good practice in conduction of deliveries
- Interests: Working In Humanitarian Relief
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Team Spirit
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Ability to make decisions and to exercise authority when required
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-gender bias organization and as such Females are strongly advised to apply.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
15th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online