GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people especially in the face of disaster or crises. GPON is presently operating in the North-eastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 1,000,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services, GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media Assistant
Employment type: Temporary Appointment
Slot: 2 Openings
- Contribute immensely towards media, digital and communication as part of advocacy development in all programmes
- Agrees on media and communication as part of advocacy issues and together with the relevant programme staff identifies advocacy and communication issues related to GOALPrime’s work
- Support Programme Officers in building Networks to carry out advocacy on programmes
- Design and produce training and educational materials on media and communication
- Develops work plans, individual development plans, and regular reports to supervisor
- Support programme partners in media and communications related capacity building and ensuring that this is integrated within programmes
- Supports in identifying potential new strategic media partners for GOALPrime and develop strategies for working with them.
- Have responsibility for the monitoring and supervision of media as part of advocacy related partner activities and plans in Nigeria by ensuring that these are in line with GOALPrime’s strategy in Nigeria
- Document and publish GOALPrime’s learning in Nigeria by contributing articles briefing notes, media publications and case studies for GOALPrime’s campaigns.
- Support GOALPrime staff and partners in getting relevant messages across to target audiences within and outside the organisation on major activities.
- Contribute in GOALPrime’s bulletin and other relevant publications and production.
- Frequently update GOALPrime’s social media outlets (Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, etc.) and ensure we disseminate information about our program on a daily basis
- Develop and sustain relationship with the media and the civil society groups in Nigeria to feed into GOALPrime’s advocacy work.
- Ensure adequate media coverage for all programme activities, functions and press releases / press statements
- Visit field programmes on a regular basis to take quality photos, record success stories and human-interest stories.
- Build a database of high-quality activity Photos for GPON archives.
- Document project activity via photos and videos
- Editing/Archiving photos and timely submission to supervisor.
- Draft and deliver necessary reporting documents related to media.
- Develop and maintain a media network with international and local journalists and advise on media engagements.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to Advocacy Officer
Other Internal and / or external contacts:
- Work with various field staff in different sectors in response locations and departments within GOALPrime
Technical Expertise, Skills, and Knowledge
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc, HND, or equivalent.
- 2-year previous experience
- Previous relevant experience in photography and video editing
- Ability to use photo editing software (Adobe and Lightroom) and camera equipment.
- Demonstrated ability in community mobilization and community-level dialogue
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Good English language skills, knowledge, and ability to speak Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
12th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- GPON and GPON workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in GPON Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Following these values, GPON operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
- GPON is an Equal Opportunity Employer GPON considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Level of contact with children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very frequent contact with children. It is expected that children who come into contact with GPON shall be protected at all times.
- GPON is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, or disabilities. GPON is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.