Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-profit and a non-governmental organization founded in 2012 by a group of young researchers, it was incorporated by Corporate Affair Commission (CAC/IT/91613) in 2016. AHSF aims to advance community health care through, research, advocacy, health promotion and education, community development, capacity building, program evaluation; Impact evaluations needs assessment, baselines/midlines/end lines surveys, systems strengthening and service delivery especially for the vulnerable and marginalized population in Nigeria and beyond.
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 8 Months
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- Logistics Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
- Administer AHSF procurement policy and procedures in accordance with donor guidelines and requirements. S/He will implement and maintain procurement and fleet management policies, systems, and procedures.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards.
- Ensure competitive procurements by attracting potential vendors for the purchase of goods or services either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including delivery receipts.
- Management of fleet and logistics related contracts for quality of services offered by outsourced fleet service provider.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation or related expenses under grants.
- Prepare budgets, solicit quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliverables are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- Implement procurement processes and logistics operations for the project, including grants, strictly following all rules and regulations as well as all stipulations established by Nigerian law.
- Review and recommend changes to procurement policies and procedures as required.
- Maintain policies for procurement processes.
- Manage/maintain a registry and file system for procurements to allow for efficient document and process audits.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) and amongst beneficiaries served by Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF).
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF). As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-gender bias organization and as such Female are strongly advised to apply.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
15th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online