First Excelsia Professional Services Limited – Our client, a leading Mortgage Bank, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Akute, Lagos
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for the assistance of the legal adviser / company secretary toachieve the corporate goal of the department within regulation and best practices covering corporate legal relationship, administration, affairs, board secretariat, and shares management of the Bank and its stakeholders.
- Prepare legal opinions and advice on general legal issues.
- Provide legal advisory and interpretation services on various aspects of existing law and regulatory requirements.
- Supervision of the maintenance of the shareholders’ register vis a vis shareholding and shares management.
- Analyze the impact of marketing campaigns and prepare monthly reports on campaign and budget performance.
- Maintaining the register of the Bank in compliance with CAMA.
- Make proper returns as required by CAMA.
- Responsible for the coordination in conjunction with Management of the organization for the Bank’s Annual General Meeting.
- Review, investigate (searches), and authenticate securities offered as collateral for credit.
- Advice on the suitability or otherwise of securities presented as collaterals by borrowers and undertakers.
- Provide advice on contentious and non-contentious matters affecting the Bank.
- Review and report to the HOD/Bank the list of ligation and Court matters involving the Bank regularly.
- Follow-up on contracted external Lawyers to procure legal opinions, services, interpretations, and consultations.
- Prepare, review, and advice on MOUs, SLAs, and all forms of contractual agreements between the Bank and other parties.
- Relate with Statutory Regulators to ensure that the Bank is operating within regulation and applicable laws.
- Supervision of registration and custody of credit securities, property titles, and legal documents.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (BL and LLB).
- At least 5 years relevant work experience.
- Proven work experience in Company and Legal Mortgage/Property Search and dealings with Land registry.
- AICSAN certification will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Legal Officer” as the subject of the mail.