Youth Empowerment and Development Initiative (YEDI) is a not-for-profit organization that delivers evidence-based programs, in schools and communities, designed to build young people’s assets, facilitate their access to health services, and promote their adherence to healthy behaviors. Since its inception in 2011, YEDI has benefitted over 220,000 young people in schools and community sites in Lagos, Abuja, Akwa-Ibom, and Ogun State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Employment Type: Full-time
Task & Responsibilities
- Carry out a full audit of the organization; including accessing risk and taking the necessary risk management steps to forestall fraud.
- Ensure control management regarding financial reliability and compliance by making sure that directions and regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Monitor actions taken by management in response to audit reviews, ensuring that all agreed audit actions and recommendations are accurate and timely implemented including Global Assurance findings.
- Work closely with external or visiting auditors and support their audit process.
- Ensure that audits are performed with due professional care and there are credible audit observations, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, and data
- Act objectively by giving independent advice to ensure legality and achieve organizational goals.
- Maintain and improve on existing open communication with the management.
- Assist to document the audit process and prepares audit findings. Also, prepare and present reports that clearly reflects the audit results.
- Assist to do a follow-up on the audit assignments giving to other auditors by YEDI.
- Strive to continuously develop knowledge in the sector regarding rules, regulations, best practices, techniques and performance standards.
- Perform Partner audits to ensure compliance with donor and YEDI’s rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Accounting, or Finance (Evidence of Progress in Professional Qualification will be an added advantage)
- 3 – 7 years work experience.
- Proven teamwork and problem-solving abilities
- Strong ability to work on multiple tasks or assignments
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Possess a high level of professionalism, integrity, and truthfulness in all dealings
- Knowledge of legal and financial systems
- Ability to do proper documentation; possess good record keeping ability
- Possession of sound independent judgment
- Possess strong knowledge of auditing standards, procedures, laws, rules, and regulations
- Possess advanced skills in computer applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAGE accounting software.
- Strong ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
Application Closing Date
25th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online