<![CDATA[Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the management of the Deputy Country Director – support, the psychologist is responsible of strengthening ACF’s employees coping mechanisms due to work related stress factors
Your main responsibilities will be :
– To improve staff strategies regarding stress related to professional factors (burnout issues, compassion fatigue, and vicarious trauma) and personal factors (exposure to traumatic events). This implies working with groups of collaborators and managers
– To provide psychological support and follow-up in cases of traumatic exposure
– To provide individual counseling for those asking for it, on a regular basis. This activity is confidential and could imply that getting refer to local medical/psychological resources when required.
– To identify local resources for mental health, in order to facilitate psychological care in case of future needs
You hold a clinical psychology Master’s degree with a relevant experience in psycho trauma and psychotherapy (BCT or EMDR training appreciated). You demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in sensitive cultural environments; you have experience and ability in workshop facilitation, you have a good capacity to organize in emergency situations. This position may include working occasionally during weekends (in case of a critical incident)
Fluency in English written/spoken is compulsory.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 9 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2 010EUR to 2 335EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 312 + 203EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (CFE + complementary health) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here