QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech building the leading mobile bank for Nigeria. A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1.5 Million people and has processed over 3.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustles everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality – and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: UX Researcher
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Level: Mid Level
About the Job
- We are looking for an experienced UX researcher to join our team. You will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our products.
- You will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies.
- These responsibilities also include inspiring change, delivering oral and written presentations, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and helping the UX team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
- The ideal candidate has experience leveraging data, user research and intuition to craft user flows, user journeys and designs; and is comfortable owning the entire research and product design process.
- Success in this role is defined by the quality of the user experience. This includes the impact, accessibility, ease of use, and beauty of the final product.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Perform usability studies with users.
- Ask questions, gather data, and analyze data.
- Use a diverse set of UX research tools.
- Do competitive analysis research.
- Use modern prototyping tools (Miro, Whimsical, Figma, Framer, Principle etc) to create visually appealing interfaces.
- Create wireframes, user flows, user journey maps, user stories, user personas and prototypes that illustrate key product interactions.
- Identify user needs and translate them into product features.
- Advocate for inclusion & accessibility by making sure all backgrounds and identities are included in the design process.
- 3+ years of professional UX research experience with a portfolio that demonstrates your expertise.
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration.
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- Senior-level experience with developing digital products across a variety of mediums, including web and mobile.
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills.
- Track record of designing products across web and mobile apps.
- Familiar with at least one set of modern prototyping tools to make interactive prototypes.
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision and strategy for global products.
- Strong ability to apply systems design thinking to complex problems and design through the lens of inclusive design.
- A humble and collaborative attitude where you’re always looking to learn and improve.
Benefits and Perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office in Ilupeju, Silicon Valley style 😎
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, life and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of remote working depending on the role.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.