Digital Divide Data (DDD) is a US-based non-profit, mission-driven enterprise with the goal of using technology and digital skills to bridge the divide between economically and socially marginalized youth and employment opportunities that lead to a sustainable and viable future. DDD identifies talented but underserved youth in Africa and Asia (Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos are the main centers) to enter formal employment, undergo professional training and skills development, and pursue tertiary education. Our headquarters are in New York, and we have over 1,500 employees across our operations in Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Twi Music Specialist
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- DDD is seeking native level candidates who can speak and write Twi to perform music lyrics transcription and Quality Assurance/review of the content.
- We are looking for candidates with strong music, lyrics, metadata, data analyst, translation backgrounds.
- As a Music Specialist, you will be responsible for analyzing Music Lyrics Content in Twi. 65% of the time transcribing lyrics, 25% proofreading/editing and 10% analyzing metadata. Excellent linguistic skills, music knowledge.
- You will need passion for technology and a will to question the current workflows with the mindset to improve tools and processes
- Can transcribe in the Twi Language
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to handle repetitive tasks
- Data-driven, passionate about data, and comfortable presenting data organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A good linguist with a keen eye to ensure good quality
- Passion for music and lyrics
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Takes ownership of deliverables
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and open minded
- Strong tech industry awareness.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online