Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Frontend Engineer
Location: Lagos (Hybrid)
Employment Type: Full time
- Klasha is looking for a results-driven, fast-moving Front-End Engineer to join our team and help to build an exciting payments and logistics startup in Africa.
- We are looking for a Front-End Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- You will participate in peer code review and provide constructive feedback to other team members so to ensure our delivery reflects your quality standard
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- 2 – 3 years of experience as an engineer.
- Good understanding of ReactJS and Redux.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Good understanding of Git.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment).
- Strong knowledge of the African payments and logistics ecosystem.
- All the latest technology you need to do your role including a laptop and accessories
- Competitive salary
- Fast and expanding career progression
- Private health insurance
- Professional development training budget
- Free lunch in the office
- Budget for French language classes
- One-time home office set-up allowance
- Hybrid; remote + office hours and flexible working conditions
- Access to Klasha Sessions development training courses
- Diesel and fuel allowance for remote working
- Work-from-anywhere weeks: Work from anywhere for three weeks a year
- Paid birthday day off
- Team building events
- Bank holidays swap inside the same month
- Access to mental health wellness services
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please apply only if you’re a Mid-level FED experienced in React and can start immediately in Lagos, Nigeria.