54gene is a health technology company centered on advancing the field of African genomics to unlock scientific discoveries as well as improve diagnostic and treatment outcomes within Africa and the global community.
Founded in 2019, 54gene utilizes human genetic data derived from diverse African populations, to improve the state of healthcare through large-scale discovery and translational research, advanced molecular diagnostics, and inclusive clinical programs. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of precision medicine for Africans and the global population, by bridging the global health disparity gap.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Experience Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Commercial and Customer Support
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Sales and Customer Support Director
- The Customer Experience Manager (CEM) is responsible for bridging the gap between the customer and 54gene. The job ensures that each touchpoint across the customer journey is engaging, efficient, and effective.
- The CEM will frequently benchmark customer experiences through surveys and customer interviews, customer demographic trends and analysis, and in-depth product and competitive product analysis.
- If you are creative, analytical thinking and customer driven, we would love to hear from you.
- Oversee the hiring, orienting, and training of our organization’s customer facing teams
- Define and implement standards/procedures for ensuring optimal customer experience
- Conduct surveys to gather information on customer opinion of rendered services
- Utilize social media platforms in reaching out to customers to help resolve issues and provide quick response to inquiries
- Supervise the activities of of all team interacting with customer to ensure their interaction with customers reflect positively on the company
- Liaise with the production and creative departments to ensure delivery of high-quality products and services
- Establish communication mediums through which customers can readily contact a company and vice versa
- Oversee the restructuring of an organization into a customer-focused establishment
- Conduct studies and research to discover new techniques necessary for improving customer experience
- Organize training programs for customer facing teams to update their job knowledge and enhance their skills
- Oversee the merchandising of products in an outlet to ensure it entices purchase
- Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) tools in coordinating and monitoring customer experience operations
- Attend seminars, workshops, and conferences to improve on existing job knowledge
Education & Certifications:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Management Studies, or in a related discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in the field of customer service or marketing is also necessary for this position
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership Skills: Customer experience manager who can can organize and direct the activities of customer experience representatives to ensure the delivery of high-quality service to customers
- Communication Skills: They are well versed in effectively interacting with clients to identify and process their requirements
- Customer Service Skills: They can courteously interact with clients to ensure positive customer experience, understanding of consumer behaviors and industry trends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM/client database software systems
- Understanding of diagnostics and the science focus of the business
- Ability to thrive in a complex, cross-functional and science-driven environment
- Cross-cultural competency; ability to work with a diverse team
- English fluency; fluency in Yoruba, Igbo and/or Hausa will be a plus.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer.
- We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.