The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst
- The Business Analyst contributes to the functioning of the Office of the Director-General (DGO) by reviewing and analyzing policies, procedures, and other internal documents and communicating any recommendations to the respective departments.
- The incumbent must have a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs thorough reviews of a range of documentation including policies, procedures, processes, external correspondence, internal memos and promotional media.
- Researches, benchmarks and analyzes data to recommend courses of action on matters stemming from analytical outcomes.
- Drafts internal communication to concisely and tactfully convey the views of department.
- Verifies the accuracy of facts, dates, figures, statistics, quotations, and citations through research, reference sources and consultation with originating source, when necessary.
- Provides background information and documents and ensures that urgent/important items are brought to the supervisor’s attention.
- Prepares replies to routine correspondence, in one or more languages, for the signature of the Director-General.
- Collaborates with other members of the department on various projects and initiatives.
- Prepares periodic reports and papers summarizing the activities of the department.
- Proofreads copy for style, grammar, and accuracy and ensures all documents conform with the corporate image.
- Maintains relevant document databases and archives.
- Creates systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Liaises with all departments within the OPEC Fund on behalf of the department as well as to ensure appropriate follow-up and delivery of critical activities.
- Carries out other related tasks assigned by the Chief of Staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Communication, Journalism or related fields. (A master’s in any of these fields is a bonus.)
- Minimum of five years or relevant professional experience.
- Preferably 1-2 years of experience in an international institution.
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, German, Spanish, or French is an added advantage.
- General understanding of the core activities of development institutions, including the OPEC Fund.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, with an ability to convey information succinctly and diplomatically.
- Demonstrable quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Possesses strong analytical thinking, good planning and organizational skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for innovation, business development.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online