Protea Hotels by Marriott is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Attendant – Food & Beverage
Job Number: 21137626
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Brand: Protea Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
The Impact You’ll Make
- You know the finest details of our menu and can’t wait to share your expertise with our guests. When they dine with us, your warm greeting, flawless table settings, and your friendly demeanor do not go unnoticed.
- No matter the day, you set out to provide each guest with a dining experience that will be remembered long after their stay.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and / or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
- Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
- Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
- Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
- Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
- Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies
- Candidates should possess a WASC, SSCE, GCE O / L or its equivalent.
What we’re looking for:
- Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous serving experience is a big plus.
Rewards for Work, Benefits for Life
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online