Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Human Resource Business Partner
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Human Resource Business Partner, Nigeria
About the Role
- Greenlight Planet is looking for an Associate to join its Human Resources Management team in Nigeria. The Associate – Human Resources Business Partner will work closely with the HR team to ensure the organisation has adequate capacity to build new business units and expand existing operations in the region.
Key Responsibilities for the role include:
- Support Talent Acquisition Associate in the recruitment of staff across a range of professional levels from associates to senior team leaders within defined Service Level Agreements and budgets.
- On-boarding and induction of new employees
- Working with the HRBP, Nigeria to drive a strong performance culture amongst the West Africa teams
- Handling employee grievances amicably and within reasonable timelines
- Ensuring HR policies are up to date and accessible to all staff
- Attending disciplinary hearings and ensuring disciplinary procedures are followed in line with company policy and relevant legislation
- Ensuring the privacy of employee data and maintaining up to date personnel files
- Providing timely payroll inputs for processing
- Actively participating in HR projects aimed towards delivering the HR agenda
- Delivering excellent information through weekly and/or monthly HR reports
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 3 – 4 years of HR generalist experience, ideally with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management.
- Is excited about joining a fast-growing, entrepreneurial and innovative environment with an opportunity to build teams, local HR practices and policies.
- Is comfortable and experienced working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
What We Offer (In addition to compensation and statutory benefits)
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What to Expect from us, after you submit your application:
- You can expect an email response within three weeks regarding the status of your application.
- If you are shortlisted for consideration, we’ll set up a conversion with you to learn more about your interests and background, share more about the job requirements and Greenlight Planet, and answer any initial questions you may have.