DreamWorks Direct is an Information Technology (IT) company based in Lagos Nigeria. Under the Company and Allied Matters Acts 1990, DreamWorks Direct with registration no RC 509142, was registered in 2004 as a corporate entity to provide sales and support of different brands of Computers, Printers, Projectors, Software, Office & Home Appliances and Much More.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory / Procurement Lead (ICT & Lifestyle Distribution & Retail Supply Chain)
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As the Procurement Lead, you will be responsible for sourcing ICT & Lifestyle goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and procurement evaluation for the business.
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain the security of supply and optimum value for money.
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost-effective procuring processes for the business.
- Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business.
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain the best price and service.
- Analyze market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Provide periodic reporting for Management on purchasing, controls and processes.
- Develop supplier database and establish annual purchasing contracts for a lower value, high-value items Develop workflow process in line with ERP software system.
- Ensure principles of value for money, transparency, fairness, efficiency and accountability are evident in all dealings.
- Advise Management on the improved procurement process, management of company assets and replacement strategies.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
- 5-7 years’ work-related experience and a solid experience in Procurement and Inventory Management.
Skills & Expertise:
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with the business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Working experience with ERP software
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgment with the ability to make good decisions
- Strong leadership capabilities.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.