A reputable Boarding School in located in Lagos State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Electrician
Location: Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, conduits, fixtures, controls, lighting systems and other electrical devices and systems
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers and ensure they are in good working condition
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Follow state and local building regulations
- Perform maintenance on electrical distribution system and electrical equipment.
- Installations of equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Qualification and Work Experience
- Technical College, Trade Test, City & Guide certificate in Electrical Electronics or its equivalents.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience.
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to identify electrical wires by color – Color Vision
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings with good knowledge of control circuit
- Ability to identify complex problems, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve electrical problems
- Critical-thinking and analytical skills
- Detail oriented, with excellent planning and project management skills
- Knowledge of health and safety policies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A good team player
- High professional standards.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.