The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Director, Public – Private Mix (TD PPM), TB-LON 3 Project
Department: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: COP, TB-LON 3 Project
- The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
- The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
- The TD PPM, TB-LON 3 will be responsible for private sector service delivery on the TB-LON 3 project, encompassing TB services across the continuum of clinical and community care among various cadres of private sector providers.
- She/he will lead the implementation and reporting of the private sector component of the project, provide technical expertise in high-impact interventions and their integration into established service delivery systems within facility and community TB PPM Providers, while ensuring the provision of high quality TB care to the beneficiaries and the achievement of both qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Collaborating with other team members to develop TB-LON 3 TB PPM strategic and operational plans, ensure activity implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of performance;
- Developing/adapting the technical content of TB PPM service delivery, as well as capacity building tools, guidelines, SOPs and other policy documents;
- Coordinating TB-LON 3 PPM cascade of care including demand generation, prevention services, case finding interventions, quality diagnostic services, case holding, referrals and linkages;
- Developing innovative strategies and interventions for improving the impact of TB-LON 3 TB PPM activities and appropriately reflect these in weekly, monthly and annual activity plans;
- Coordinating with the NTBLCP, STBLCPs, and other internal and external stakeholders to determine TB PPM capacity building needs and identify suitable opportunities to deploy appropriate resources to meet these needs;
- Working in close collaboration with the FMOH, SMOH, NTBLCP, STBLCP, USAID and other stakeholders to provide the technical assistance required to achieve the expected outcomes of TB PPM as a whole, and TB-LON 3 Project targets in particular;
- Strengthening the existing structure and support mechanism for Intermediary Organizations to implement sustainable mechanisms of service delivery across all TB PPM providers;
- Analyzing the TB PPM cascade of care on a weekly basis and develop solutions for improving the quality of care and achievement of targets and objectives
- Ensuring that technical and field staff prepare various internal and external data and programmatic reports as required;
- Representing IHVN in presenting periodic updates to Federal, State, Local Government and Facility stakeholders, as well as USAID, IHVN and other key stakeholders during meetings, conferences, etc.;
- Establishing and maintain good working relationship with the Government, Private Sector and other Partner officials at National, State, Local Government, facility and community levels;
- Any other function that may be assigned by the COP and IHVN Executive Management.
- Advanced Degree in Public/Community Health.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in public health service provision and implementation, with at least 3 years demonstrable experience in large scale donor-funded TB PPM projects of similar magnitude in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and policies, with specific understanding of cooperative agreements.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrable leadership skills, including building and managing high-level relationships with donors, government, private sector entities, NGOs, research institutions, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports.
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Strong networking and representational skills;
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “The Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.