Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country. Read more about us here: http://www.heartlandalliancenigeria.org
We seek qualified candidates to fill the listed position. Each candidate must meet the minimum requirements listed in the advert and should be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class, or gender. Candidate must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONBILITIES
1. Provide community psychosocial support (PSS) services to key populations (KPs) and
support the OSS with MHPSS screening and brief interventions as the need arises.
2. Identify KPs in the community that require MHPSS services using structured Community Link intervention model.
3. Offer PSS services to KPs with significant psychosocial distress signs and refer, if need be for specialized mental health (MH) interventions.
4. Offer PSS services to KPs who report or have recent experience of Gender-based Violence (GBV) as well as KPs with legal concerns that causes psychological distress.
5. Ensure that KPs who are exposed to GBV and other risky behaviours are offered and linked to HTS as well as other HALG services (PeP, Cervical Cancer Screening, Harm Reduction service) and properly document number of HIV positive cases linked to care.
6. Document and protect participant’s records and ensure that all referred participants are properly linked to required services and followed up to ensure that they receive adequate care.
7. Participate in weekly outreach efforts to raise community awareness of mental health and other health risks that can result in psychological distress including facilitate support groups.
8. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or line managers.
1. Must at a minimum have a tertiary educational degree in (psychology, social work, psychiatric nursing/rehabilitation, rehabilitation sciences, guidance and counseling or other mental health affiliate degree).
2. Should have at least one year of experience providing direct services to individuals with psychological distress or has a minimum of 90 hours classroom training and experience working under direct supervision of a qualified / licensed mental health professional.
3. Must be resident in the area of coverage and have good networking in the community of coverage.
4. Speaks Basic English and as an added advantage, understand the language of the area of
Application Closing Date
23th November, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online