Deadline: November 21, 2021
Sahel Innovate Challenge is a flagship initiative of the YouthConnekt Sahel Forum designed to promote and showcase the innovation and resilience of young Sahelians driving the region’s transformation.
It fosters an association of creativity and innovation with the region, shifting from the overemphasized conflict and poverty-stricken narrative.
We are searching for 20 exceptional youth from the Sahel Region who will win an opportunity to pitch their innovative solutions to a panel of judges at the YouthConnekt Sahel Forum.
This scholarship is available to students who wishes to study a MSc in Islamic Finance.
You are eligible if you:
- Are 35 or younger
- Have a demonstrable and tested innovative solution (including the number of people impacted) in the Sahel region in any of the following challenge tracks:
- Digital Transformation
- COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- Peace and Security
- Cultural and Creative Arts
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Are a national and currently residing in one of the UNISS Sahel countries (Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, The Gambia, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, and Senegal).
Duration and Reward
Selected applicants will receive:
- An opportunity to pitch your solution to business leaders and a panel of judges.
- Fully funded participation at the forum
Method of Application
- In less than 120 seconds (2 Minutes), record a video introducing yourself, your solution and its impact in the Sahel region.
- Fill out the form @ https://forms.gle/9VYg6xm4w4nsNy9x9.
Note that your video can be submitted in English or French.
Instructions for the Video
- It should be shot in “landscape/widescreen” mode.
- Provide an introduction of yourself – name, nationality and age.
- Provide an introduction of your innovative solution – description and impact so far (including the number of people impacted).
The deadline for applications is 21st November 2021
All the best with your submissions!