Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Strategic Partnerships Development Manager
Location: Lagos (Hybrid)
Employment Type: Full time
- Klasha is looking for a business development and partnerships manager who is excited to join our fast-growing team and can start immediately.
- This candidate must be ready to move fast and add value to our team, owning the business development role and successfully winning business and partnerships.
- Functions will focus on sales and partnerships and span other business development roles including market analysis, events networking, public speaking and strategic alliance development, through to bid design and management.
- You must be an energetic, organized, and passionate person excited for the opportunity to be on the ground floor of Africa’s next FinTech standout product and team.
- Spearhead our new business activities aimed at both the International Development and corporate markets.
- Contribute to the strategic product and service offering of the company.
- Build a portfolio of clients/programmes for delivery across Africa and other markets.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop winning consortia and bids.
- Work with US and international development organisations, major corporates, technology partners and funders.
- Sourcing new partners and executing exciting partnership solutions/
- Negotiating attractive partnership deals and ensuring mutually beneficial partnership terms that are in line with business objectives and strategy.
- Maintaining and deepening relationships with existing partners.
- Developing metrics to measure ROI from partnerships.
- Quickly levelling up on the retail and eCommerce market, FinTech industry, and overall greater business opportunity, in tandem with learning Our value proposition and technology to then communicate them effectively to prospective clients.
- CRM ownership and documentation of disparate and corresponding client information, sales activity, and deal progression.
- Identify appropriate contacts, engage in initial outreach, cold email sequences, and maintain detailed and strategic follow-ups.
- Schedule lead meetings pitching the Klasha technology and business opportunity.
- 2+ years of relevant experience selling in the fast pace fintech, eCommerce, or SaaS space across the African continent, special consideration for international B2B and merchant experience.
- Is not afraid of competition when selling a stellar product in the global eCommerce + retail market.
- Strong effective communication over email, text, and calls, leading with an empathetic, consultative approach that is strategic. One that earns the client’s trust, interest, and investment in Klasha to acquire customers across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Has a book of contacts with retailers, eCommerce sites, and brands spanning Africa, MENA, US, and the UK. Or, confidence and extensive experience working with international SMB and Mid-market international clients, in the US, UK, EMEA, and APAC.
- Ready for the opportunity to take that on -can hit the ground running, get their hands dirty, and can think quickly within ambiguity to build with our founding team.
- Comfortable and excited to work with a global, young team working across timezones and geographies.
The Fun Stuff:
- Competitive salary
- All the latest technology to 10x your role
- Fast and expanding career progression
- Private health insurance
- Professional development training budget
- Free lunch in the office
- Budget for French language classes
- Hybrid; remote + office hours and flexible working conditions
- Access toKlasha Sessions development training courses
- Wellness perks
- Paid birthday day off.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online