Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager – Aspire
Location: Sokoto, Nigeria
- The ASPIRE project is a 5-year project funded with support from Global Affairs Canada and focused on improving sexual rights and reproductive health of adolescent girls and boys in Bauchi and Sokoto state.
- The purpose of the role is to overall lead the timely and qualitative implementation of Aspire project in Sokoto and Bauchi State. The experienced Aspire Project Manager will spend about 70% of his/her time in the field locations and will supervise the Aspire project team to successfully implement the program for Plan International.
Dimension of Role
- Lead the implementation of the Aspire project
- Coordinate programme implementation with team, Plan international project country office and Canada National Office
- Implement all project activities in alignment with Aspire and Plan guidelines
- Supervise and manage the all Aspire project staff closely and ensure adherence to the overall work plan and criteria.
- Ensure the implementation and management of a coherent and responsive child-friendly community-based complaint and monitoring mechanism.
- Prepare timely and qualitative narrative and financial donor reports for Plan internal usage as well as for donor submission.
- Coordinate with senior country office TAs and CMT to prepare quality and timely donor deliverables such as AWP, SAR AR and FR when applicable
- Work closely with Grants and Finance in preparation of financial reports and forecasts as according to Aspire guidelines
- Work closely with M&E to develop the project monitoring tools, monitor the status of implementation and to update the progress tracker
- Work in coordination with Admin & Logistics to ensure all project relevant procurement is carried out in line with the approved budget and according to Plan’s and the donor’s quality standard
- Share regular updates with the Technical Specialists to ensure technical support and high-quality implementation
- Attend meetings with Aspire team to provide updates and lead relevant Aspire project meetings.
- Development of work and reporting plans, adherence to donor guidelines and Aspire rules and regulations.
- Ensure regular and transparent communication of all activities with communities and local government, the regular holding of community meetings to ensure transparent beneficiary selection, decision making on productive asset building, project progress and mitigation of risks or conflicts, including child safeguarding risks.
- Liaison and maintain close working relationship with state level Ministries of health, gender and women affairs, mental health, public health and other line department eg, WASH etc.
- Alert the emergency response senior management in a timely manner to arising issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Degree in Development Studies, Project Management, or International development. Experience in the INGO sector with at least 5-7 years of work experience in project management
- Medical or public health professional with strong technical expertise in the delivery of healthcare services in volatile low-resource settings
- General knowledge of all and advanced knowledge of at least two of the following sub-sectors required: primary health, reproductive health, mental health, community promotion
- Experience working with Global Affairs Canada funded projects
- Proven track record of experience in project management
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team
- Strong understanding of Development crisis and the context of Northern Nigeria
- Skills in tracking expenditures, preparing financial reports and analysing financial reports
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, think and plan strategically, and communicate with key actors in a dynamic and unpredictable operating environment
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Knowledge and skills: General knowledge and understanding of Development Principles and core standards.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online