Babban Gona is an award winning, high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers we serve. Babban Gona, was created to specifically attract youth to agriculture and away from the looming instability of extremist groups.
We accomplish this by franchising thousands of farmer cooperatives across Nigeria, dramatically increasing the profitability of the smallholder members 2.5 times above the national average. This dramatic increase in net income is accomplished by delivering an integrated holistic package of training, farm inputs and marketing services, on credit. Babban Gona has been able to deliver this credit while maintaining one of the highest repayment rates in the world, currently above 99%, leveraging our comprehensive 8 levels of risk mitigation. We developed the model with our partners that include His Highness Muhammad Sanusi II, the Sarkin (Emir) Kano, Nestle, IITA, DfID, USAID, GIZ, AGRA, BMGF, Skoll, Kiva, FMCB, Mulago, GIF and Rockefeller Foundation amongst others.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Lead, Business Intelligence
Employment Type: Full Time
- Work with key stakeholders and team members to identify strategic and tactical business needs, and align appropriate data driven solutions to them.
- Develop scalable and recurring processes and reporting to support the organizational business needs.
- Analyze and document functional processes and controls ensuring gaps and deficiencies are inventoried.
- Partner with required team members to design and build targeted dashboards, reports, and data extracts.
- Support and/or lead communication with subject matter experts across multiple departments and levels of leadership to define BI requirements and strategy.
- Support the administration of business intelligence application including software maintenance, new user setup, and best practices of site management before, during, and after releases.
- Generate summaries and dashboards which represent operational data in brief and intelligible format suitable for the target audience.
- Trail industry yardstick, trends and benchmarks, and convey such information to executive leaders.
- Define, develop and optimize curated datasets and schemas with standardized metrics and definitions across the company.
- Work closely with technical partners on designing and developing robust data structures and highly reliable data pipelines.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business issues.
- Support data analysis, market intelligence and competitive intelligence of all sales and pipeline activity.
- Undertake data collection, preprocessing and analysis to discover trends and patterns.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, operations and product teams.
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of Babban Gona.
- Other responsibilities and tasks required to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a calculation intensive field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, etc.
- 4 – 5 years of related experience in a Business Intelligence or Data Analytics role:
- Experience using data analytics tools such as Power BI and/or Tableau.
- Experience with languages such as Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience using Microsoft Office packages including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access.
- Adequate grasp of business and economic principles (macroeconomics, microeconomics, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to derive business insights
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with business knowledge and excellence in planning and execution
- Strong problem solving, good judgement, strategic and multidimensional thinker
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- Ability to work independently or collectively to develop ideas and lead or contribute to initiatives that will support the attainment of revenue and/or attainment of market share
- Proven ability to leverage technology to translate business requirements
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, owns deliverables end to end, and partners with other teams to achieve goals.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online