Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Startup Ecosystem, Developer Ecosystems
Location: Lagos Nigeria (In-office)
About the Job
- A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe.
- As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish – working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company.
- Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It’s your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
- Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us.
- As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
- The Developer Ecosystem Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) team at Google is a dedicated group of extremely collaborative Program Managers who are passionate about supporting SSA’s dynamic and fast-growing developer and startup ecosystem.
- We’re never satisfied with the status quo, continually iterating on our strategy and programs to ensure we have the largest possible impact on the SSA ecosystem and within Google.
- You will take on the high-level strategic challenges while also ensuring operational excellence across programs.
- Lead Google for Startups Accelerator Africa, including driving the team’s strategy while collaborating with stakeholders to gain buy-in, leading and executing initiatives with the group, setting goals, measuring success, and sharing best practices across the community
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including mentors (in Africa and beyond), startups, and teams across Google, ensuring all logistics and operations are performed at the highest standards
- Launch and manage targeted programs to support diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) across the startup ecosystem, including Black Founders Fund Africa and similar programs targeted at underrepresented groups across Africa
- Source and generate startup-appropriate technology training around Google platforms, including Google Cloud, TensorFlow, Android, Web, and Firebase.
- Experience in Project / Program Management with cross-functional and/or growth startup experience
- Experience with team management, working with cross-functional teams, and leading operational initiatives
- Ability to travel internationally 20% of the time.
- Experience working with venture capital firms, angel investors, and/or startup accelerator programs in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience of working closely with executives, product, and engineering teams
- Experience with process automation and event management
- Strategic thinker with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, solving complex problems, and developing creative solutions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online