Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Engineer II – Power Platform & Dynamics 365 Insights and Analytics
Job number: 1202619
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 0-25 %
- Business Applications is one of the four key growth areas for Microsoft and our cloud business over the coming years.
- As a foundational pillar of the company, our group is building the next generation of business applications and platforms that will help businesses large and small succeed in achieving their digital transformation process.
- The products we are responsible for, include Dynamics 365, Power Platform (Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow), Mixed Reality for business and other SaaS applications and workloads.
- We are seeking a dynamic individual contributor for our Engineering function as part of our Insights and Analytics team.
- In this role, you will be responsible for building state-of-the-art data pipelines to drive business success as well as productize ML models to help drive usage growth of our products.
- Our team owns multiple and diverse services like Net Promoter Score and Recommendation pipelines for multiple Microsoft marketplaces.
- We also support senior leadership, product development, finance, sales & marketing with analysis, insights & reporting.
- We use data science to drive usage & revenue growth through machine learning models for personalized recommendations, marketing automation & lead scoring.
- Build aggregates and ETL data pipelines required for reporting, insights production, ML models performance and evaluation and ad hoc analysis.
- Work with data scientist to come up with new actionable insights that improve the customer’s experience.
- 3 years of experience as softwaredata engineer.
- 1 year of relevant work experience in Big Data Engineering and/or ML Engineering
- Technical aptitude and hands-on experience with data analysis or ETL processing.
- 1 year of big data experience like Cosmos, Hadoop, Azure data lake etc.
- Solid understanding of telemetry and data analytics technologies like: SQL, Cosmos, Kusto, Azure ML, R, Python, Spark, Hadoop.
- Any experience in Azure DevOps, PowerApps, Power Automate and PowerBI would be a plus.
- Passion for data and the desire to learn & adopt new technologies & analysis methodologies.
- Enjoy discovering & solving problems.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity & working independently.
- A willingness to learn, share, & improve.
- Great written & verbal communication skills.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.