MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GNOC Service Desk Engineer (Level 1)
Job Type: Permanent
Slots: 2 Openings
- First point of contact for customers.
- Key resource for driving the Circuit ID change (old to new) implementation process.
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and email acknowledgement.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all MainOne NOC processes and procedures.
- Ensure customers are duly informed of all planned maintenance activities when assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- HND / B.Sc in Information Technology / Electrical & Electronics Engineering / Computer Science or any other related discipline.
- Minimum years of Experience: 3
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and other computer application such as trouble ticketing.
- Industry experience in a customer facing unit/department is preferred.
- Ability to understand of Main One’s products and processes.
- Eager and quick to learn.
- Good communication skills (Written & Verbal).
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills and actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to fill in for shift rounds when required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online