Infostrategy Technology Limited is an Information, Communication and Software Technology firm incorporated in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. We operate with a burning passion to transform the technological terrain of Africa by delivering value to clients through innovative and effective leverage of cutting-edge technology solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Assistant, Printing
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Reports To: Operations Executive
Essential Duties and Responsiblites
- Operate heavy printing machines and peripheral equipment.
- Determine work priorities and schedule work flow.
- Assist and follow up with client orders and deliveries.
- Position printing plates, loads inks into reservoirs and loads paper rolls or sheets into printing.
- Sets controls to control the speed, pressure and ink flow of printing machine.
- Loads photocopiers, office printers, duplication machines and other reprographic equipment with stationery.
- Assist with printing, collating, binding and distribution materials.
- Start printing machine and monitors operation for paper misfeeds and error messages, removes blockages and replaces damaged paper, and monitors quality of output.
- Carries out routine maintenance and cleaning of printing machine.
- Sets and operates machines for cutting paper to specified dimensions or for folding or binding to produce finished paper items.
- Sets and operates presses for stamping patterns and labels on textiles, clothing, pottery, footwear, banners, pens, etc.
- Maintain an inventory of paper and supplies.
- Assist in training new staffs assigned to unit.
- Operate a variety of other equipment such as paper cutting, binding, folding, preserving and collating machines.
- Assemble and staple reproduced materials as necessary; assist in wrapping publications.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Minimum Educational qualification – OND
- 2 years experience in a print or pre-press facility.
- Experience using the following or similar equipment; Silhouette machine, Direct Image machine, Monogram machine, ID card machine, large format printers, laminators, folding and binding machines, etc.
- Knowledge and experience using Windows and Mac OS, all versions of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook), Word Perfect, Adobe Acrobat Professional, print drivers.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Sitting at a computer for short periods of time.
- Standing at copying machines for long periods of time, working with paper cutters and binding equipment.
- Occasional light/heavy weight lifting.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their updated CV in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Print Production Assistant – Abuja” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For #jobs from all over #Nigeria and beyond plus #scholarships, #fellowships, and #grant offers.
Join the WhatsApp group –