Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Advocate
Job Number: 1181939
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 0 – 25%
- Are you insatiably curious? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation?
- We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We’re excited to support and contribute to open-source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
- This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
- We are looking for Cloud Advocates who will be instrumental in building a large and vibrant student developer community through student mentorship in collaboration with Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors and Imagine Cup programs.
- You’ll also be empowered to create amazing, authentic demos/content on a broad range of technologies, provide and generate robust engineering feedback around Azure and developer tooling utilized by Academic Developers and build interactive workshops with Microsoft Learn. Join us as we inspire and earn the hearts and minds of developers broadly.
- As a Cloud Advocate in Student Developer Programs, the core impact of this role is engaging and growing our university student engagement through our Educator, Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors program, Imagine Cup competition, hackathons, and workshops on campus plus online skilling with Microsoft Learn.
Your day-to-day might include:
- Create scalable multi modal content, videos, and samples from beginner to best practices that demonstrates how to develop, deploy, manage, and scale Azure applications.
- Win the hearts and minds of developers by building and/or contributing to OSS projects and building cool, useful, or productive apps.
- Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy and vibrant technical community, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
- Scale your efforts by partnering with the Microsoft field, developers and academic community programs like Microsoft Learn Educator Ambassadors, Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors, Microsoft MVPs
- Recruit and mentor Student Developers in your geographic region and mentor them through the Microsoft Learn Ambassadors, Imagine Cup, and hackathon events.
- Focus on Microsoft products and services within AI/ ML, Modern Workplace, BizApp and Data, Web, Applications, and Azure Infrastructure.
- Network and build relationships with the students and educators and earn their trust and respect for Microsoft technologies.
- Collate product and service feedback to drive growth in the academic developer community.
- A Business and/or Technical Degree is required, Software Engineering Degree preferred.
- Software development experience
- Experience working with student developer audiences, learning how they make choices about the technologies they use.
- Experience Azure SDKs, APIs.
- Solid communication skills – ability to be both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
- Ability to translate ideas into various mediums for effective, audience-appropriate consumption.
- Ability to work under deadlines and prioritize projects.
- Passion for helping connect people and communities to Microsoft technologies inclusive of open source with a particular emphasis on engaging Student developers that are actively learning.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging preferred).
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our developers and platform the most successful.
- Understanding of student developers that are seeking to upskill, and why/how they make choices about the technologies they use.
- You have a “pulse” on the tech industry and a willingness to learn, share, and improve. Ability to self-study; ramp to latest technologies.
- Travel may be required depending on where local and national developer events are held.
- Language fluency in English plus the primary language for the geographic location of this role.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
For #jobs from all over #Nigeria and beyond plus #scholarships, #fellowships, and #grant offers.
Join the WhatsApp group –