The Oleaster is a Behavioral Health Center that provides a holistic treatment approach needed to fight addiction and other mental health issues. Our Client-first philosophy, licensed and empathetic staff allow us to meet you wherever you are in your recovery journey.
We work closely with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your individual needs. Our integrative approach combines today’s most effective treatment strategies with long-standing, evidenced-based techniques to help you achieve lasting recovery. The Oleaster is located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mental Health Support Worker
Locations: Lagos Mainland, Lagos and Anambra
Reports to: Ward Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the nurses on duty and other clinicians while they carry out their duties.
- Receive and implement instructions from the nurses in charge of the wards at all times.
- Welcome patients and facilitate a friendly environment to enable them acclimatize to their new environment.
- Ensure the safety of patients and their living environment at all times; ensure patients are never left unattended in the facility or while on external activities.
- Physical care of patients: assist when circumstances require, in maintaining personal hygiene-bathing, dressing –, feeding, making beds, arranging personal effects, etc.
- Interact with and support patients during therapeutic activities and recreation.
- Assist to de-escalate and/or restrain aggressive/violent patients when required.
- Supervise the scheduled regular cleaning of patients’ rooms and shared areas during all shifts.
- Complete all observation charts and handover checklists promptly and conscientiously, with adequate attention to detail.
- Ensure that electrical appliances e.g. bulbs, air conditioners, heaters, etc. are switched off when not in use.
- Promptly report damages, and supervise repairs and maintenance activities in the facility.
- Perform any other duties
Requirements and Experience
- ONLY SSCE or OND holders can apply for this role.
- Previous work experience in a mental health or general health care facility will be an advantage.
- Compassionate and patient.
- Strong-willed, able to solve crises and work in a team.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skill.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.