Chibek Instruments Limited is a leading renewable energy company that designs, finance and build off-grid systems in Nigeria and emerging markets. For over 20 years, Chibek Instruments Limited has been supplying quality, dependable solutions and services to the laboratory and scientific community in terms of furniture’s and equipment’s. We also ventured into effective and continuous power supply to support instruments and equipment’s for over 4 years.
Chibek instruments is equipped with over 20 scientifically trained and qualified personnel who bring years of practical laboratory, engineering and teaching experience to your aid. One of the top laboratory product suppliers in Nigeria, authorized by many international / worldwide recognized brands. we have been meeting customers’ needs throughout Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversees and directs all general accounting functions, including chart of accounts and general ledger, cash receipts and accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliation and client trust accounts.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets, to ensure proper accounting of transactions and to promote operational efficiency within the Accounts Unit.
- Prepares the company’s annual budget and cash flow projections.
- Uses and is familiar with the company’s financial computer systems, manuals and procedures. Maintains and updates procedural manual as needed.
- Maintains adequate records of all transactions and ensures that transactions are posted daily / weekly (i.e. local banking transactions, receipts, cheque payments, petty cash transactions, fee notes, etc).
- Conducts monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepares the monthly Staff payroll and coordinates such matters with the Practice Manager.
- Responsible for the statutory deductions of PAYE Tax, Pension, Withholding Tax and VAT, and remittance to the relevant local authorities on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates / supervises the company’s annual audit in collaboration with the External Auditors.
- Prepares a schedule of monthly fee notes and clients’ payment status.
- Maintains proper inventory of the company’s assets through the Fixed Assets Register.
- Maintains records of staff travel advances and compilation of un-retired advances at the end of each month.
- Acts as an interface between the company and its bankers.
- Assists in the company’s debt collection efforts. Ensures receivables are paid in a timely manner.
- Supervises the work of the Accounts Clerk.
- Performs cash management functions. Ensures Client accounts are properly funded.
- Acts as back-up to the Practice Manager.
- Any other responsibility assigned by line manager.
- A Graduate with back ground in Accounting.
- A good knowledge of Nigeria Taxation
- The Candidate must be an Associate member of ICAN or ACCA.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management.
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills.
- Problem solving and Effective time-management skills.
- Proficient with SAP is required
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years core Accounting duties with the ability to work without supervision.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online