Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Controller
- Coordinate the debts of existing debtors and recommending to Management whether to allow credit sales/services to a prospective or existing customer.
- Manage debt recovery and/or negotiate repayment plans.
- Organize the Credit Control activities for the Company
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager to ensure implementation of Credit Sales Procedures
- Creation of aged debtors’ report and propose recommendation to recover aged debts
- Organise and attend Credit Committee Meetings
- Check customers’ credit rating/performance
- Effectively manage collection of debts and customers’ payments
- Undertake account reconciliations as required
- Resolve queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Provide debt information to relevant stakeholders within the company’s Department
- Proactively coordinate accounts collections and reduce bad debts
- Propose write-off of irrecoverable receivables
- Provide response to debt queries within acceptable time-line
- Continually coach team members on debt-recovery techniques and record management
- For customers that stop paying or pay late, communicate to all stakeholders to stop providing services, start legal action to collect the money owned (if necessary) and in the case of bankruptcy, report to Management about strategies to ensure recovery
- Propose necessary adjustments to customer account and match entries from time to time
- Follow-up with Credit Notes, reconcile from time to time, WHT collection and ensure Credit on the Company account
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Business Controller.
Academic Qualifications, Training &Experience
- B.Sc / HND qualification in Accountancy or any Numerical-related discipline
- Between five (5) to eight (8) years relevant work experience or in an accounts department
- Membership of the Nigerian Institute of Credit Administrators
- Good knowledge in Customer Service or Credit Advisory role within a corporate environment
- Ability to forecast with precision
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to Multi-task
- Detailed Oriented
- Team Player.
Application Closing Date
1st October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after the deadline will be automatically rejected.