Gumi & Company – Our client, a global fintech company whose offerings include the provision of payment and trading solutions to clients, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Full time, permanent
Reporting to Lead Engineer
- We are looking for a skilled and resourceful Software Engineering professional based in any of the locations above to join our rapidly growing team.
Main Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Innovating, developing, maintaining, and contributing to the company’s existing codebase and associated applications
- Synergizing with engineering leads to assist with architecture decisions for application and supporting infrastructure
- Improving the overall system development process and delivery capacity of the team
- Optimizing application performance and test coverage preparing presentations demonstrating application feature delivery Working with the product team to refine product requirements including providing feasibility and effort estimations
- Providing support to our customers; triaging any issues Mentoring, training and supporting other engineers to help develop in-house skills.
- Experience Significant experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of working with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Good knowledge of using automated testing frameworks such as RSpec
- Good knowledge of source control using Git
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology specifically Scrum
- Familiarity with deploying and managing applications on the cloud
- Good knowledge of software deployment tooling and orchestration
- Good knowledge of databases systems, especially PostgreSQL
- Confidence in refactoring and working with both new and existing codebases
- Other skills and traits A strong and flexible work ethic
- Good knowledge of cloud providers, especially AWS
- Preference to participate in pair-programming and using GitHub pull requests to review the code of others.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Work Portfolio to: email@example.com the job title as the subject of the mail
Note: We are an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.