Gumi & Company – Our client, a global Fintech company whose offerings include the provision of payment and trading solutions to clients, is seeking to recruit a skilled and resourceful professional to join the rapidly growing engineering team in the position below:
Job Title: Senior Ruby Engineer
Contract Full time, permanent
Reporting to: Senior Engineering Manager
Main Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Innovating, developing, maintaining, and contributing to the company’s existing codebase and associated applications
- Improving the overall system development process
- Optimizing application performance and test coverage
- Delivering presentations demonstrating application feature delivery
- Working with the product team to refine product requirements including providing feasibility and effort estimations
- Providing support to our customers; triaging any issues
- Mentoring, training and supporting other engineers to help develop in-house engineering skills.
- Experience Significant experience in a similar role;
- Preferably with a minimum of 5 years working with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Good knowledge of using automated testing frameworks such as RSpec and Cypress
- Good knowledge of source control using Git
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology specifically Scrum
- Familiarity with deploying and managing applications on the cloud
- Good knowledge of software deployment tooling and orchestration
- Good knowledge of databases systems, especially PostgreSQL
- Other skills and traits A strong and flexible work ethic
- Preference to participate in pair-programming and using GitHub pull requests to review code of others
- Familiarity with container frameworks, especially Docker and Kubernetes
- Confidence in refactoring and working with both new and existing codebases.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Work Portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: We are an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.