Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Field Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- This role of the Nutrition Field Assistant is to provide support to the community nutrition workers in the Project’s Communities in implementing the nutrition interventions (Community Management of Malnutrition [CMAM] and Infant and Young Child Feeding [IYCF]) while integrating with other sectoral interventions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Reinforce project’s activities through outreach activities using community relays and women’s group for community mobilization.
- Ensure quality of nutrition screening for children under-5 conducted by Community Nutrition Mobilizers in target Communities.
- Provision of Outreach OTP Services in target communities together with the outreach team.
- Ensure quality of IYCF counselling sessions provided individual level and group sessions.
- With support from the Nutrition Officer, ensure quality cooking food demonstration sessions are conducted in Project supported Communities.
- Ensure that community nutrition interventions (MUAC screening and Referral, IYCF (MSGs, food demonstrations) and hygiene promotion are integrated.
- Build capacity of CNMs/ field Assistants and Mother Leaders by providing on-the-job training on CMAM and IYCF.
- Support Project level nutrition assessment/surveys as approved by Donor.
- Support quality data collection of activities conducted in the Communities.
- Promote increasing awareness of appropriate nutrition behaviours in project communities by ensuring behaviour change materials are visible in FFP supported communities and health facilities.
- Ensure quality and timely reporting on all areas of implementation.
- Liaise closely with the MEAL team so as to understand the project outcomes.
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from programme implementation.
- Any other additional responsibility as communicated by the supervisor.
- Degree in Nutrition, Health, Public Health or any related fields.
- 1year experience for B.Sc Degree holders and 2 years experience for Diploma holders.
- NGO experience is plus.
- Nutrition experience in local community settings.
- Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the local language is mandatory.
Application Closing Date
10th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae and complete GREENCODE’s Competency Form (request for the competency form for the position you are interested in/qualified for via the email below). The 2 documents should be forwarded to the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- The title of the position for example – Nutrition Field Assistant must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Selected applicants must be willing to participate in our interview process from any of our state offices – Maiduguri, Calabar, Abuja and Yobe.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.