At HR Aid we provide consulting services in the area of Human Resource Management. Our focus is in helping our clients hire, engage and retain the best talent. We offer professional services in Talent Recruitment and Selection, HR Policy Development, Compensation & Benefits Structure Development, Performance Management and HR Advisory.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Class Teacher (Primary 2)
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for leading classroom activities of young children while actively engaging them to foster a positive and healthy learning environment. Teach and educate students according to their educational needs and following the school curriculum.
- Prepare for lessons by gathering materials and setting up workstations
- Plan appropriately according to the curriculum and prepare and implement appropriate work for the class of children, which teaches to individual abilities or learning readiness.
- Register and monitor the attendance of students under your care
- Make use of audio-visual technological devices/aides (such as radio aids; projectors) and other adaptations during the delivery of the lessons
- Device a variety of strategies to meet the needs of all the pupils through differentiation of tasks and active participation in their learning
- Assign, mark, and correct work carried out by your students
- Assess, record, and report on the development, progress, attainment, and behavior of one’s students
- Provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports, and references relating to individual students or groups of students
- Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students, or class entrusted to him/her
- Provide guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and their further education and future careers, providing information on sources of more expert advice
- Develop and maintain a caring, stimulating environment within the classroom where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils and display the children’s work attractively
- Assess, record, and report on each child’s progress, development, and attainment, which should be communicated to parents. Complete reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Encourage creative thinking and learning.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education or PGDE with a focus on early childhood development.
- 5+ years experience as a teacher
- Experience working with young children in a classroom setting.
- Ability to communicate with young children at their level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the primary school curriculum
- A high level of self-motivation and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to uphold and model the school values
- Patient, compassionate attitude, with a friendly, energetic disposition.
- Good mediation and nurturing abilities.
- Evidence of personal commitment to professional development
- Creative mindset with an ability to create memorable, out-of-the-box lessons.
- Passion for shaping and inspiring young minds.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.