The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities.
We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer (EU-ACT)
Location: Abuja, Sub Saharan Africa, NG
Pay band: 6
Department: Business Delivery
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Duration: Fixed term contract ending December 2022
- The Programme Officer (EU-Agents for Citizen Driven Transformation) will be responsible for managing the administrative and logistical support to programme activities to ensure quality and timeliness of delivery; good control of resources and compliance with agreed programme management systems and processes; ensuring full and complete budgets are prepared and met for all activities with variance reports prepared as and when required; in coordination with other Programme Officers, take responsibility and utilize M&E tools for measuring results during the programme activity implementation.
- The postholder will take responsibility for managing specific component activities and ensuring coordination with other team members.
- The role may involve travels and project field visits to support EU-ACT (Agents for Citizen-driven Transformation) Programme CSO partners to collect communication materials and provide technical support with regards to capturing lessons and effective documentation of same.
- Graduate level education
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with an FCR (Justice, Security and Conflict) project
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a successful team / function
- Proven experience of scheduling and supporting meetings with internal stakeholders/ external partners
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
Naira 8,106,740 per annum.
Application Closing Date
25th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.