Lorache Group is a Marketing Management, Human Capital Development and Business Process & Strategist Consultancy Outfit, registered with Company & Allied Commission (CAC) of Nigeria to perform such businesses. Lorache works cut across multiple industries, including the consumer goods, finance, capital market, pharmaceutical, telecommunication, entertainment and leisure sectors etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FFTH – OSP Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities / Requirements
- Installation of FTTH Home internet services in residential/business premises.
- Experience in field survey, fibre laying plan, ducting, trenching, blowing fiber, Splicing of Fiber.
- Experience in fibre optic tools: OTDR, Optical Power meter, Optical Laser source and testing etc.
- Expertise in handling multi-vendor equipment for hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Audit of outsourced work to meet applicable technical and operational quality standards.
- Conduct routine checks of all tools to ensure safety and accuracy of measurement
- Experience in providing Technical support for planning of fiber allocation, duct design (PVC) & Route design
- Acceptance testing of optical, civil, outdoor network.
- Responsible for FTTx network construction in the defined boundary within project timeline.
- Technical auditing and overseeing the contractor for the flawless construction of fibre infrastructure
- Responsible for route analysis of underground fibre construction.
- Responsible to attending the customer complains.
- Responsible to manage fibre splicing and approve installed fibre as par as build plan and test results.
- Responsible to comply with Health & Safety standards.
- Responsible for maintenances and Up-keep all records of underground fibers infrastructure, fibre splicing plan, passive splitter terminations and access equipment.
- Responsible for service restoration during emergency conditions.
Qualifications / Experience
- Graduate / Diploma in Electronics & Communications or equivalent.
- Understanding in GPON fiber optic network and service deployment.
- Understanding in active FTTH equipment (OLT, ONT) and Passive FTTH splitter.
- Certification in Fiber Technology is an added advantage. Knowledge of VLAN and IP’s and IP network structure.
- Good knowledge of Design & Implementation process in FTTX.
- Knowledge of fault and performance management process.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (MS word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
- In depth understanding of outside plant, cable sizing, cable record etc.
- Experience: 1 – 3 Years.
- Good negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Excellent execution, organizing and people skills
- Strong commitment to quality and performance.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: Lorachevacancy@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.