ACTED has been committedsince 1993, to immediate humanitarianreliefto support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, whileco-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staffare dedicatedto implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scope Officer
Location: Monguno Borno,
Employment Type: Full-time
Programme Management, Development, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Supervise the Scope Registration activities and provide appropriate guidance and oversight in daily field activities in respect of WFP procedure and requirements.
- Ensure the compliance with WFP and ACTED process and requirements.
- Plan and follow related activities such as registration and distribution of Scope cards.
- Ensure comprehensive project cycle management, with overall supervision of daily activities.
- Ensure that M&E plan is established and implemented in liaison with AMEU officer.
- Supervise and train SCOPE registrars, project staff on Scope online/offline system focusing on efficient planning, coordination, and implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Participate actively in the monitoring of the project in collaboration with the AMEU Officer with a specific attention on the efficiency of the WFP biometric registration system.
- Collaborate with related ACTED departments and other implementing partners to identify opportunities for integrated programming, promoting best practices and developing shared policy approaches.
- Prepare and submit all Scope project internal and external donor reports.
Training & Capacity development:
- Through direct technical assistance provision, build the capacity of programme staffs (registrars); identify staff development needs and design/suggest appropriate staff development approaches.
- Provide ongoing technical support and mentorship for the unit staff to develop professional and technical competency.
- Provide technical feedback on daily, weekly and monthly registration reports received from Scope project unit, ensuring that established programme targets and objectives are being met.
Coordination & Partnership:
- Represent ACTED in relation with WFP SCOPE unit.
- Liaise closely with WFP Maiduguri Office regarding to Scope registration activities.
- Meet with partners and donor agencies during field visits.
- Promote a positive profile of the programme and good understanding among other sectors, partners and communities about the Scope related activities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders – WFP, Community support groups, community leaders, to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
- Liaise with formal and informal local authorities to insure communication and transparency of the SCOPE registration process.
- Provide the necessary tools for a fair and transparent beneficiary selection.
- Manage all IT and site material, logistic and fleet issue in coordination with ACTED relevant departments to ensure WFP/ACTED standard on registration sites are met
- Manages all scope project teams directly, including enumerators and SCOPE registrars
- Participate in the recruitment and mentorship of Scope registrars and enumerators
- Hold regular meetings with project management team to plan and address any concerns and share feedback regarding SCOPE registration activities.
- Maximise all SCOPE process security, in liaison with the security officer, for both staffs and beneficiaries. Report all security incidents or relevant information to the PM and Security officer
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in IT, Statistics, Social Sciences, or any closely related field.
- Strong IT skills will be an added advantage
- Prior experience with WFP SCOPE registration is desired
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience with humanitarian program in a similar context.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS excel.
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Demonstrated skills in management, teamwork, negotiation and consensus-building
- High-level attention to detail and managing complex relationships and communications
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability and willingness to work and live in challenging conditions
- Contract length: 6 months with the possibility of extension
- Level: D2-1 (national contract)
- Start date: ASAP
- Location Monguno
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- Cover Letter and an updated CV should be a single document (not exceeding 4 pages) in English
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologies for the inconvenience.
- ACTED considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.