Michael Stevens Consulting (www.michaelstevens-consulting.com) is a leading Management Consulting firm in Nigeria. Headquartered in Lagos with three other offices in Nigeria and one in Accra, Ghana we have over the past 28 years assisted various organisations achieve sustainable business goals in Human Resource Management, Strategy and Financial Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a qualified Payroll Clerk to assist in all activities regarding the management of employee compensation in the company.
- You will undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages and making payments.
- An excellent payroll clerk has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality.
- You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail and will have good maths skills to make the necessary calculations.
- The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication abilities.
- The goal is to carry out all payroll procedures with speed and accuracy.
- Manage compensation packages using payroll software
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
- Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
- Calculate bonuses and commissions when appropriate
- Manage and calculate taxes and deductions
- Initiate periodical payments timely either by preparing and administering checks or making direct deposits through a bank payment system
- Issues statements and invoices and maintain records
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
- Calculate unemployment and severance payments
- Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor
- Proven experience aspayroll clerk
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation,policies and regulations
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Payforce)
- Exquisite math and numerical skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
- OND in Accounting.
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as the subject of the email.