Proten International – Our client, a major Internet Service Provider in Nigeria is looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: FTTH – OSP Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles and Responsibilities
- Installation of FTTH Home internet services in residential/business premises.
- Experience in field survey, fiber laying plan, ducting, trenching, blowing fiber, Splicing of Fiber.
- Experience in fiber optic tools: OTDR, Optical Power meter, Optical Laser Source, and testing, etc.
- Expertise in handling multi-vendor equipment for hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Audit of outsourced work to meet applicable technical and operational quality standards.
- Conduct routine checks of all tools to ensure safety and accuracy of measurement
- Experience in providing Technical support for the planning of fiber allocation, duct design (PVC) & Route Design
- Acceptance testing of the optical, civil, outdoor network.
- Responsible for FTTx network construction in the defined boundary within the project timeline.
- Technical auditing and overseeing the contractor for the flawless construction of fiber infrastructure
- Responsible for route analysis of underground fiber construction.
- Responsible to attending the customer complaints.
- Responsible to manage fibre splicing and approve installed fibre as par as build plan and test results.
- Responsible to comply with Health & Safety standards.
- Responsible for maintenances and Up-keep all records of underground fibers infrastructure, fibre splicing
- Plan, passive splitter terminations, and access equipment.
- Responsible for service restoration during emergency conditions.
- Graduate/Diploma in Electronics & Communications or equivalent.
- Understanding in GPON fiber-optic network and service deployment.
- Understanding active FTTH equipment (OLT, ONT) and Passive FTTH splitter.
- Certification in Fiber Technology is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of VLAN and IP’s and IP network structure.
- Good knowledge of the Design & Implementation process in FTTX.
- Knowledge of fault and performance management process.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- In-depth understanding of the outside plant, cable sizing, cable record, etc.
- Experience: 1 – 3 Years
- Good negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Excellent execution, organizing, and people skills
- Strong commitment to quality and performance
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online