Proten International – Our client, a global Manufacturing Conglomerate operating in over 25 countries across Asia, Europe, Africa and North & South America, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chemical Ware House Supervisor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
- Handle and manage incoming shipments of chemicals.
- Perform and execute unloading, unpacking and examining of chemicals received.
- Rejects and takes appropriate action for any inconsistency between purchase orders and shipments received
- Identify damages and shortages in chemicals received, and contacts appropriate authorities for necessary action.
- Supervise and monitor issues of chemicals to respective plants and units
- Communicate discrepancies in chemicals received to the materials manager.
- Prepare Materials receipt vouchers for chemicals received
- Liaise with respective users and QAQC to carry out technical inspection of chemicals received.
- Ensure chemicals shelf life are monitored and maintained
- Ensure proper storage of chemicals taking into consideration chemical compatibility
- Supervise monthly inventory of chemicals, gases and lubricants.
- Generate and present weekly and monthly report on the status of chemical warehouse operations
- Ensure proper housekeeping and maintain all safety norms at chemical warehouse
- Any other job that will be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or it’s equivalent in Chemicals Engineering.
- MBA in Supply chain management will be added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in a chemical store environment
- Excellent knowledge in computer software usage – Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of chemicals and their characteristics
- Excellent communication both oral and writing
- Teamwork with the ability of multitasking.
- Ability to read and understand chemical symbols and signs
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online