The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) established to carry out UMB’s programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates. MGIC has UMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as “country offices”) throughout sub-Saharan Africa.MGIC activities are funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead / Interviewer – COVID 19 – Sero Prevalence Survey
Locations: Abuja and Kano
Employment Type: Temporary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the field team and ensure all data and sample collections are done with utmost quality
- Work with the household trackers and community mobilizers to ensure only sampled households are surveyed
- Conduct household and individual interviews
- Conduct phlebotomy
- Collect nasopharyngeal swab samples
- Conduct Rapid Diagnostic Test (RDT) for Malaria
- Assure confidentiality of survey participants’ information.
- Label appropriately, prepare and store lab samples in accordance with required laboratory specifications.
- Maintain environmental integrity and aesthetics ensuring all areas are safe and clean.
- Prepare and organize field supplies, and equipment to prevent wastage.
- Collect and organize supplies ensuring all work areas are restocked appropriately daily, before field activities
- Document all field activities in appropriate field documentation tools and devices
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in a health-related discipline
- A master’s degree is an added advantage
- Training certifications in COVID-19 short courses especially IPC is an added advantage.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Participation in Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) or any other household survey in Nigeria as Team lead is required
- Excellent knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control especially in the context of COVID-19 is required
- Team management
- Stakeholders management
- Skill in Computer-Assisted – Personal Interviewing (CAPI) is required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change
- Must be willing to work at the times required by the survey need (this includes evenings, weekends and public holidays).
- An indigene of the selected state or resident in the state
- Good reading skill in Hausa
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online