The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
- The Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist (PSCS) is responsible for coordinating inbound deliveries (local and international); properly accounting for goods receipts; coordinating temporary storage or staging; picking, packing and dispatching items for various projects
- This position reports to the Regional Procurement Advisor but also has direct communication with Director Finance and Administration
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of logistics and supply management of health and non-health commodities for the grant.
- Ensure that procurement and tracking to point of use of health commodities and overall pharmaceutical management procedures follow relevant guidelines for health commodities management protocols and are compliant with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure cost-effectiveness in the procurement and management of commodities (health and non-health commodities).
- Identify new strategies and cost-effective approaches to improve service delivery.
- Track shipments nationally and internationally as needed.
- Develop and maintain systems and mechanisms for the acquisition and delivery of health and non-health commodities that are most appropriate to the needs of the Nigeria program.
- Keeps abreast of processes, policies and procedures that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the logistics and supply chain services provided.
- Coaches technical and program teams on the use of Workspace/ERP and MGIC’s procurement and asset management policies.
- Provides guidance and advice on storage and shipping matters to other staff.
- Resolves issues pertaining to all aspects of the logistics and supply chain function.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply / CIPS Level 6; Master’s Degree will added advantage
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience managing health supply chains on donor funded programs e.g. HIV, Malaria, etc.; managerial responsibility a plus
- Knowledge of GON and USG procurement regulations
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently
- Certified purchasing or procurement licensure is a plus
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Microsoft Word-formatted or PDF document consisting of a cover letter, CV, citizenship information, and salary expectations.
- Please identify the location and position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Please note that MGIC will not sponsor work permits for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the location designated in the job posting.
- Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted.
- Applications will be considered as received.
- No phone calls, please.