The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is a non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) established to carry out UMB’s programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates. MGIC has UMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as “country offices”) throughout sub-Saharan Africa.MGIC activitiesare funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support – COVID 19 – Sero Prevalence Survey
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Kano,
Employment Type: Temporary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and troubleshoot applications and services on computers, networks, and mobile devices.
- Ensure all systems remain functional, available, and secure
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor.
- Talking to clients and computer users to determine the nature of problems
- Investigating, diagnosing, and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety
- Maintaining records of software licenses
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables, and other supplies.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Experience:3 – 5 years
- 2 years systems development, support provision or systems analysis experience
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- A good understanding of systems and systems thinking are a plus
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Some experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework.
- Some experience in software development and coding (C# prefarably) added advantage
- Good understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) added advantage
- Strong organizational, time management, computer and communication skills to strengthen and cultivate a relationship to help achieve organizational goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English required.
- Ability to speak Hausa will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online