Umade is marketplace where you can shop the widest selection of custom made, handmade, authentic products made in Africa by remarkable business owners and designers
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Writer & Social Media Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Managing the company Social media platform.
- Developing content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, and the company website.
- Assisting the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns.
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Editing and polishing existing content to improve readability.
- Conducting keyword research and using best practices to increase traffic to the company website.
- Creating compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience.
- Identifying sellers product and develop content that portray the product.
- Using search engine optimisation (SEO) strategies in writing to maximise the online visibility of a website in search results
Qualification / Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 1 year proven work experience as a Content Writer or similar role.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Proven ability to develop the right voice for each platform and proven ability to build communities.
- Proven working experience in technical writing.
- Ability to use Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategies
- Identify customers and audience needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Create content marketing campaigns to drive leads and subscribers using best practices to generate traffic to our site.
- He/she must have either work for an e-commerce platform or marketing agency
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.