The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Biostatistics Specialist
- The Biostatistics Specialist will report directly to the Biostatics Lead
- S/he will collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges and communicate with interested parties
- S/he will provide support with project plans and timelines for the Biostatics Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Biostatistics lead in running of Biostatistics unit
- Provide biostatistical consultation to clients or colleagues
- Develop guidelines for how data should be collected
- Determination of sample size requirements for studies.
- Determine project plans, timelines, or technical objectives for statistical aspects of biological research studies
- Write program code to analyze data using statistical analysis software
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to data monitoring committees, federal regulatory agencies, managers, or clients.
- Prepare articles for publication or presentation at professional conferences.
- Write detailed analysis plans and descriptions of analyses and findings for research protocols or reports.
- Prepare tables and graphs to present clinical data or results.
- Draw conclusions or make predictions based on data summaries or statistical analyses.
- Design surveys to assess health issues.
- Develop or implement data analysis algorithms.
- Collect data through surveys or experimentation.
- Develop or use mathematical models to track changes in biological phenomena such as the spread of infectious diseases.
- Review clinical or other medical research protocols and recommend appropriate statistical analyses.
- Analyze clinical or survey data using statistical approaches such as longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or related scientific field is required. A PHD is an advantage
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years working experience doing data analysis or epidemiology
- Strong mathematical skills, Statistics skills, Problem solving, Adaptability, Written and oral communications skills, Strong teamwork skills, Critical thinking, and Strong computer background
- Interpersonal/Individual Competencies: ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity
- Expert use of at least 2 data management and analysis tools
- Certification in any applicable Health care professional body is desirable but not required
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Microsoft Word-formatted or PDF document consisting of a cover letter, CV, citizenship information, and salary expectations.
- Please identify the location and position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Please note that MGIC will not sponsor work permits for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the location designated in the job posting.
- Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted.
- Applications will be considered as received.
- No phone calls, please.