Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC). The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119 913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
- In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant assists him/her in all the activities related to human resources management at Maiduguri base office.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Administrative management & follow-up:
- Organize the necessary personnel and contractual documents for all base staff
- Ensure that all HR files are complete and updated
- Manage the physical and electronic archival of HR files as per the archiving and filing process
- Prepare administrative equipment of base staff (ID cards,, medical insurance cards, etc.)
- Record minutes of meetings when asked by the line manager
- Receive and compile any claims from base national staff, and report them to his/her line manager
- Prepare, compile and share mission documents on a weekly basis (job announcements, recruitment follow up, etc.)
- During onboarding of new staff, prepare all documentation for base staff to ensure they benefit from all social covers offered by PUI
- Update the base internal contact list on a monthly basis by compiling and verifying data received from bases
- Prepare the HR files for audit and verification visits
- Assist the Deputy HR manager in the preparation of meetings when needed
Human Resources management for national staff:
- Maintain confidentiality of HR information
- Assist the Deputy HR Coordinator in the implementation and respect of HR policy and procedures
- Prepare local staff contracts and amendments and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms & conditions
- Keep track of the base staff leaves and update concerned tools accordingly
- Follow up on the evaluation/appraisals deadlines for national staff and inform their managers accordingly
- Regularly update the coordination HR database,
- Ensure the respect of terminatioon procedures and prepare all necessary documents
- When delegated, update the base and key staff organizational charts
- Maintain and ensure the completion of all recruitment documents in HR files
- File and archive the resumes received on the email address and transfer them to recruiters
- Be the focal point for the communication with candidates throughout the whole process
- Schedule technical tests and interviews
- Assist the Deputy HR manager in the recruitments at base level and attend interviews when needed
- Prepare the integration of any new employee
- Assist in identifying training institutions as per the identified needs
- Assist the line Manager to organise or plan trainings
- Archive training certificates and attendance sheets in HR files as per the archiving process
- Forward to line manager the identified skills to be improved that were reported in performance appraisals
- Update the concerned tools according to trainings received
- S/he collates information form staff monthly regarding the advances on salaries request
- Update all changes related to change of bank account for Base staff in the HR data base
Note: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the department
- Assist in the good application of the ISR and guidelines
- Digitalization of the HR files assist in the physical and electronic archival of HR files as per the archiving and filing process
- Ensure a confidentiality on all HR matters
- Assist in the implementation of capacity building plan
- Follow up on the evaluation/appraisal deadlines for national staff
- Ensure that all base staff are well registered to benefit of all social and medical coverage provided by PUI.
- Language skills: Fluent in Hausa and English, Kanuri is a plus
- Education Degree: University Degree in Human Resources, Public Admnistration, Social Sciences or related field
- Work experience: at least 6 months Experience in Human Resources management (in a NGO would be preferable).
Knowledge and skills:
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Knowledgable about the Nigerian Labor Law and the provisions of the National Social Security law;
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel.
- Committed to engage in the humanitarian field
- Well organized
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Ability to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: For Nigeria Nationals only (Female applicants are strongly advised to apply).